The pressure from globalization has made manufacturing organizations moving towards three major competitive arenas: quality, cost, and responsiveness.
Quality is a universal value and has become a global issue. In order to survive and be able to provide customers with good products, we ensure that our processes are continuously monitored and product quality is improved.
APPLICATION ISO 9000: ISO 14000 SERIES
OVERVIEW- FUTURE PLANS
The ISO 14000 series of environmental management standards are intended to assist organizations manage the environmental effect of their business practices. We plan to have ISO 14000 certification for our company by next financial year i.e. 2020-21.
Need for Controlling Quality
In the absence of quality, the following will result:
1. No yardstick for comparing the quality of goods/services.
2. Difficulty in maintaining consistency in quality.
3. Dissatisfied customers due to increased maintenance and operating costs of products/services.
4. Increased rework cost while manufacturing products/providing services.
5. Reduced lifetime of the products/services.
6. Reduced flexibility with respect to usage of standard spare parts.
7. Hence, controlling quality is an essential activity.
Benefits of Quality Control
1.Improving the quality of products and services.
2.Increasing the productivity of manufacturing processes, commercial business, corporations.
3. Reducing manufacturing and corporate costs.
4. Determining and improving the marketability of products and services.
5. Reducing consumer prices of products and services.
6. Improving and/or assuring on time deliveries and availability.
7. Assisting in the management of an enterprise.